The next year, I purchased the Extreme Marketing Makeover DVD set and loved it. I was beginning to realize that even though I had been in the Early Childhood field for over 25 years, I really did not know much about marketing at all! I continued to follow Kris and stay on her mailing list. I quickly became a member of the “Insiders Circle” and later purchased the “Done For You” membership.
When 2012 rolled around, The Child Care Success Summit™ sounded so exciting, but the truth was there was absolutely no way that we could afford the cost of the tickets, airfare and hotel room for myself, let alone any of our team. I did, however, purchase the set of DVD’s and found the Summit to be fascinating. I was thrilled when the next year the Summit was in Atlanta, which made it more affordable to be able to go (because it was closer to home and we could drive). It was such an incredible experience! To be at a conference with other owners and directors that truly understood the problems and challenges we face was so refreshing. The speakers were so knowledgeable about areas of our business that I had never even thought about.
- We have implemented more strategies and systems than I could ever list.
- We have been able to AFFORD to bring our entire Admin team to every Summit, and I have been to almost every Academy meeting (only missing due to prior commitments) which means traveling 3 or 4 times per year without ever even wondering if we can afford to do so… we now know we can’t afford to miss them!
- Our revenue has more than doubled, our FTE enrollment is well over 110%. We now know we can fill an opening the minute we find out a child is leaving.
- We have purchased our second location that will be opening June 3rd and are looking for land for center number 3.
- Our culture has improved dramatically as we have implemented our core values into everything we do.
- I have had the pleasure of growing personally as a leader and a mentor and have even had the privilege of presenting on stage at the Summit and at several academy meetings.
I am currently at the Empire level of the Academy and it has been amazing to be among people that are simply brilliant in our field. One of the most incredible aspects of the Summit and the Academy is how it continuously changes to be relevant to our current needs. When Kris realized we needed more than just marketing skills, she began to bring in experts in all other areas of our business as well. This has been so impactful to learn so much about the business side of childcare, team building, core values, legal issues, and many other topics.
If you were to ask me then what our tour conversion rate was (after trying to figure out what that meant) I would have said we converted 95% of our tours. WRONG! When we implemented a tracking and follow-up system called ChildCare CRM (that I learned about at the conference), we quickly realized that we converted about 45% of our tours. On top of that, we did not have a system for replacing children when they left, so many times openings were vacant for weeks before being filled.
You have given me peace of mind, financial freedom, more free time with my husband and kids to really enjoy life- (to be able to cruise A LOT), and the ability to grow and learn from the best. Teaching me to work ON my business instead of IN my business and not feel guilty has been a huge win. You have enabled us to have “A-HA moments,” awesome experiences (Disney, Cruises, White Water Rafting, amazing venues) and interactions with incredible speakers who are unforgettable. You have walked your talk every step of the way and never miss a moment to reach out to us, celebrate us or send fun little personalized surprises (unicorns) in the mail. “Thank you” seems so inadequate for all you have done; I wouldn’t be where we are today without you and our tribe by my side!