“We had no money, no jobs, just a dream.” Meet an exceptional husband-wife team who have opened and operated not one, not two, but EIGHT child care centers over the past 20 years of working side by side as early learning business owners. Brian and Carol Duprey from the Bangor, Maine area are the featured guests on Episode 8 of Child Care Rockstar Radio.
“Our success was based in believing in ourselves and showing people they could believe in us.” I love this quote from Carol, as she lays out the story of how she and Brian not only became very successful in child care, but raised 5 kids, worked beside each other every day, and have stayed happily married for nearly 27 years, throughout their journey.
On this episode, you’ll hear:
- How to gain, feed, and KEEP a positive, winning mindset even in the face of challenges
- What happened to the Dupreys’ business during the recession and how they survived (and only ever had to lay off one person)
- Secrets to a strong marriage where you work with your spouse – which you can use even if you and your spouse are in completely different professions
- How to set goals that ACTUALLY come true – Brian’s process for manifesting whatever you want in your life
- The story of how they are transitioning ownership of the business to their adult children
- A deep dive into one of Brian’s favorite books for living your best life: The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
- And much, much more
I know you’ll get huge inspiration and impactful life strategies from this interview that you can plug right into your program and your life. So head over to iTunes, Google Play, or our podcast page to listen to this episode, and all our episodes.
P.S. I would love your review! If you enjoy what I share in this episode, please leave a review and comment on your podcast platform of choice, or below in the blog. I really appreciate it!